Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{an introduction of sorts...}

Well, as the little tidbit in my header says, this is the journey of planning my vow renewal and little snippets of my life from time to time.

For starters, my husband and I were married in December of 2008. So, the question you may be asking yourself is "Why so soon?". My husband (we'll call him Mr. B), is in the Army, and if you know anything about the Army, you know the uncertainty of it. So, we decided to tie the knot before his deployment. We had a small family-only wedding of 40 people, including us.

As a celebration of our love, and his homecoming, we decided to renew our vows. But this "go around", have all our friends and family there to celebrate it.

To view pictures of our actual wedding, please click here.

We've established the basic structure of our renewal, and what we want to have.

We're having it on my Grandparents' 85 acre farm in Pennsylvania in (most likely) September of 2010. Our colors are a deep blue, bright lemon yellow and gold.

I have an absolute love for the Rococo period, so we decided to incorporate that into the "theme" of our renewal. The Rococo period is traditionally in beautiful pastel colors (which I adore, Mr. B, not so much), but it being at night and because of Mr. B's dislike for pastel colors, we decided on those colors. Which just so happened to be our favorite colors (blue and yell0w).

I am constantly on the look-out for beautiful, inspiring ideas for our renewal. I adored planning our wedding, and am thrilled about being able to plan a renewal so soon!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment